Monday, March 30, 2009

You Just Never Know

(with our wonderful Guangxi guide in China and our new baby in 2004)

We recently found out our guide from our first adoption trip in 2004 has passed away. It was sudden. A cerebral hemorrhage. He was young. I would guess late 30's/early 40's. Things like this always make you do a double-take on your own life. So, time for a little gratitude and reflecting on all the daily blessings we get to experience in this life.
(Reunited 2 1/2 years later at our agency's reunion celebration in 2006)

In loving memory or our wonderful guide, Michael. Thank you for getting our baby medical care when she needed it those first few days and thank you for teaching us to sing the Chinese song about two tigers... I still remember the words.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Hi Torrie. I didn't know. Makes me sad. Those reps really make a mark on all of our lives in one way or another. He will be missed by many families. Thanks for posting.

On another subject. I live very near CCAI and I think I remember seeing you and your husband and I also just got an e mail from you for the event on the 11th. I so want to go to meet my new bloggy friend but just don't know if I can yet but I am going to keep my eyes peeled for more events. I'll e mail you when we do an event with CCAI. It would be great to actually meet.
Hugs,
Natalie

Cynthia Peterson said...

In loving memory of Michael. What a wonderful man who gave me the incredible gift of knowing Bing Bing's thoughts and fears when I could not understand her words.