Thursday, May 7, 2009

End of an Era


Mother's Day is coming. I am reminiscing. Last year at this time I was full of agitation. Would we EVER get our referral?

It was last year, the day after Mother's Day we finally got the call. Two months later we were on that plane to China. So this Mother's Day is a whole new feeling. One of peace, joy, and excitement as we anticipate the next era for our family. Sunder has been home for 10 months and we are totally settled as a family of four. Life is moving on.

It was my intention to have this blog for our referral, trip, and a few months back home. Now that we are looking ahead I've decided this will be my last entry on this blog. It is time. Thank you for all the wonderful comments and new and old friends. Those blogs that I follow, I will continue to do so. As for me, some exciting things are in the works. Besides the girls I'm focusing on my business. Besides editing family documentaries and adoption movies, I continue pursuing my dream of making a feature-length documentary. I know it will happen when the time is right.

I will be blogging for my business now at www.ockhammedia.com. Also, if you have video and photos from your adoption trip, I invite you to visit my website for adoptive families at www.redthreadstories.com. Turn those video memories into a beautiful DVD! You can also find me on FaceBook and Twitter (under ockhammedia). Thank you for sharing this important piece of our life with us. For those still waiting... keep the faith. I will never forget the wait and the pain of it. Hold on tight and know that it will end someday.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

H Torrie, I am sad to hear that but also overjoyed for you. I was just getting to 'know you'. I know you'll make that documentary and your business will start to bloom.
I couldn't find your blog for the longest time! I had to go to old posts to find it.
Maybe we will bump into each other at CCAI one of these days and I might possibly still have your e mail.
Best wishes to you as you fill yet another of your dreams.

Natalie