Monday, July 21, 2008

She Comes to Life!

The last 2 days have been amazing. We are really seeing this little girls personality, and boy, does she have one! Kyla, you were right! She is very mischievious, silly and little bit naughty. She is such a ham. She makes funny faces and likes to mimic and play games.
Yesterday, she and I were leaving the hotel room and she looked at Riley and said, "Bye bye." And blew her a kiss. She is interacting with Riley more and I'm afraid Riley will need to toughen up a bit. Sunder shows that she wants to play by hitting her sister. (we'll need to work on being gentle!) Later that day, she touched my face (not gently) and said "Mommy." That was the best! She also understands the words "toilet" and "flush". I don't think I mentioned that she is potty trained!!! We Americans have something to learn from the Chinese about potty training. I can't even imagine how they do it since she is barely 2 years old.

She is still skittish with Corin but she will go to him when she has no other options. Last night I took some much needed mommy/daughter time with Riley. Sunder had daddy time and she did fine. She still perferrs me, but she isn't freaking out with him as much, which is soooo great.

She still throws multiple tantrums each day. But we are learning how to handle them. She does NOT want to be comforted when she's upset. If you try to stroke her back, or talk to her she gets even more livid. But if you let her be, she will calm down much quicker. So the tantrums continue but the duration is much shorter now!

I am feeling very weak today. My immune system is working overtime, so I'm trying to take it easy. My back muscles are totally strained from these beds and from holding a two-year old all the time. Luckily we bought a stroller for her yesterday and she loves it, so that is very liberating for us!

We have an outing to the temple and a family museum today. I am looking forward to getting away from the hotel for a while.

"with Papa's hat"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is precious! Thanks for letting us follow along. Kim, waiting for Katie, 4